Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Good Bye, Grandpa

2 Oct
Heard news that grandpa had an accident, might injured his hips. He was in coma.
6 Oct
Asking SJ, a dear friend to help me call up grandma. Asking how’s grandpa’s condition.
7 Oct
My friend msg me, Grandpa was not in a very good condition, he hasn't wake up since the accident. They did a surgery for his hips, but then he got lung infection, which is more lethal than his actual injuries. Doctor predicted, grandpa only had a few days left.
9 Oct
On the night, I had a dream. I heard grandpa was back, he has been released from hospital. He was in a bigger house, with many people. I came to visit him. He gave me very big smiles like he always does; he opened up his arms and gave me a long hug. So many people there, they held a party for his come-back. There were some dancing and singing too. He was just sitting there, looked happy, but a bit tired.
10 Oct
Told a few friends about the dream. Some said, maybe it is a bad omen. I don’t dare to say anything. Hoping they were all wrong.
12 Oct
SJ msg me, asking if I have called grandpa/grandma. I said no, I haven’t. Even if I were to speak Indonesian, I wouldn’t know what to say to grandma, let alone in Chinese. So SJ said, she’d help me to call them. Guess what. Grandpa passed away on 9th; the night I dreamt about him.


Thank you for all your kindness during my stay in Beijing. Thanks for visiting me in the dream. Sorry, I couldn’t be there for your funeral. I know you’ll be in better place, wearing a very big smile just like in the dream.
I miss you, Grandpa …

No comments: