Monday, November 9, 2009

Giving is an act of virtue

I wish it is as simple as that. I started with a spontaneous good intention. In the process of fulfilling my “donation” I met many difficulties, I end up being disappointed and angry of myself and of my recipients.
In “giving”, I wish to have done good deeds to others in order to lift off some of the recipient’s burden.
Not all people who are in need of help want to be helped. Most people are afraid of changes, even the change is for good. Somehow, if we stay long enough in bad situation, eventually it will become a comfort zone; which is sometimes hard to let go.
In this case, I assume my recipient to be in difficult situation as was claimed. Yet most of my advices were repelled; while some advices were not accepted but at least given a chance to be proven. Of course, at the end I realized it is not possible to ask them to do it themselves, but I have to do it myself. What I mean, I really have to enforce my idea even without their consent. This is so unhealthy; I refused to do it again.
Another problem, I am trying very hard to be helpful. Now that I lose my motivation (due to reasons mentioned above), I am doing it in the name of duty. See, now I no longer offer help, I prefer to help only when they asked. Yet, another disappointment occurred, it calls parasitism. After so many abuses, I come to a conclusion: I am merely a working and milking cow here. They put no effort at all, and throwing it to me. I feel like they are taking every chance to take advantage of me.
Disappointment is the word. I wish I could fulfill my good intention, my good deeds. I failed. The whole process going downwards, I no longer have intention to help, I am disappointed of them, and I even grow to hate them.
Yes, I have failed; I wish I can be more patient, on others and on myself.

No comments: