Sunday, January 9, 2011

Happy New Year 2011

Hum... Happy New Year 2011 :)
Time sure fly fast, isn't it?
Sorry I'm a little late to write "Happy New Year" on this blog...

Anyway, I had my new year in Kuching, Malaysia. and it is to attend my uni-mate, Adeline's wedding (1-1-11). The wedding was great, I didn't take much pic of the event. Most likely i have my pics on someone-else's cam. But these are a few that i took using my faithful BB.
1. this's the hens party, which was held at Top-Nail, Crown Plaza. (+preview of my perfect nail, before i ruined it right after i left the parlour)
2. me & ade in cheongsam for her tea-ceremony
3. me & ade's eldest sis... (can u believe i didnt take pic with the bride??? - photographer sure got it)

Apart from the wedding, most of my memories of kuching is of course: the food!!!
Some food that really registered in my mind:
1. Sarawak Laksa: refreshing taste noodle soup, lighter than common Malaysian laksa as they don't contain curry, but using ground shrimp and some fusion herbs as soup base + a limau kesturi for taste.
2. Midin: a fern (Stenochlaena palustris). I had it prepared in 3 ways: thai-pickled, stirfried with balacan, stirfried with garlic. the winner is Thai-style from Tian-Lok.
3. Manok Pasoh/ Bamboo Chicken: apparently it's a Iban's traditional food. Chicken pieces chucked into bamboo with some root herbs, cooked in open fire. It tastes so refreshing. But I can't ask for much, as it was cooked by Ade's local-origin nanny. I asked for a recipe though...(will try sometime)
OK.. Those are the Top 3. But there are many more Kuching/Sarawak food you have to try: kwetiao in tomato sauce, kolomee, varieties of ice-kacang, rojak, panmee and many more.
also there's a kind of traditional food that I aimed: Umai - traditional food of Melanau, it's a kind of pickled raw fish with garlic, shallot, chili and lime juice; i had in 2 types: fish and prawn.

Oh, Ade also booked me on Damai Puri Resort, too bad it was raining :( and I still think Indo beaches prettier than any beaches in the world. Hidup Indonesia!!!
I also had a good time at Sarawak Cultural Village :) interesting place!!!
Not many pics... so sorry...though I brought my DSLR, I dunno what happened, but nothing in the memory-card. anyway, I didn't take much. So, meanwhile all I have is whatever is on my BB. Let's wait if they'll send my pics :)

No comments: