Sunday, November 17, 2013

Soft Shelled Eggs

Yesterday, I found an egg on the ground in the chicken coop. The White's kids' coop.
The girls already start laying: tiny eggs. I'm not sure if it'll improve its size with time - but I don't mind the size, they're perfect size for Nara.

Back to the egg on the ground, I notice it has a more pinkish hue. I thought the girls just fighting for the nest, so one of them just lay eggs anywhere.
Once my staff handed the egg to me, he said "The eggs is bad"; I held it in my hand and felt the eggs is actually fell rubbery - just like tortoise eggs! Poked it, and it's just dinted.
I was actually worried it's actually a snake's egg! Could it be?!
Hahahha, showed to Dad, and he said it happens sometimes, so it's OK to get soft-shelled eggs once in a while.

Since the egg was fresh, and I don't think it'll last for long in the fridge, and plus I was curious what it looks like inside.
Here're pics of me opening up the egg
Notice how rubbery the shell is? I actually "tearing" it rather than "cracking" it

Oh, how it tasted like? It's taste just like normal eggs.
I pour the egg into a steaming hot rice congee for my breakfast. Nice :)

No comments: