Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Beauty Shopping

I had a day of misery when I was in Seoul. It was the whole-day-full of shopping day.
The first stop was a "small" duty free shop where they sell skincare products.
Being loyal to SKII, I haven't been shopping other beauty products for years,

I was really amazed about ODBO products, so magic, esp the peeling gel. It instantly peel off (or so you see) your skin, and leaving it fair and moist. Mesmerized, as if I saw a magician pulling out rabbit out of his hat, for the very first time. They have these few sales person explaining how magical ODBO is.
A fool I was, I succumb to the "seduction" of the sales person. Totally hypnotised. I end up buying the peeling gel. And nothing more....Hehehe

Other friends were buying A LOT, that they got suitcase(s) & freebies. I bet, it lasts for more than 5 years, if they ever use it daily.
Thx God, I still have my common sense.

Myeongdong Beauty Street
But... But... after a whole day stroll, I realised that bloody Korean are crazy about skincare and cosmetics that you can find the beauty stores in every corner of the street (or maybe just the streets they took tourists to), it's just like 7-eleven!!!
The place call Myengdong, it has a whole street of Korean skincare shops, some are repeating itself on that street.

I didn't plan to buy anything, so I didn't buy anything, apart from very little things that I need for gifts. So I was attaching myself to my shopaholic friends, whom happened to look like just released from North Korea and having unlimited shopping spree

And I saw more and more similar product. My bad habit, always wanna check out more and more....
Then I realised, almost all Korean skincare brands carry a peeling gel. Each claimed it is derived from different fruit, but I doubt it.

I spent the rest of the day "regretting" my purchase. It wasn't much in monetary term. I just feel very annoyed that I actually lured into buying it.


ODBO Peeling Gel vs. Skin Food Pineapple Peeling Gel



It also made me wonder, why, despite being tested on the same spot of my hand, the peeling gel still produce debris that resembles dead skin rolls
Even if I use the same product on the same spot again, again and again. It still give the rolls...
After extensive research on net --> yes, those are not rolls of dead skin. but it does exfoliate, explaining about the fairness.

So... peeling gel. I bought the most expensive one among all peeling gel that I saw from store to store. I paid mine the ODBO for ₩30+k (small fancy tube of 60ml), and the cheapest was Skinfood's Pineapple Peeling Gel at ₩8k, a bigger humble tube of 100ml.

My heart was breaking, after long flight-hours of tourist experience, how could I be fooled by a duty-free-salesman.



But yeah, Korean are really crazy about beauty. The girls are pretty with white porcelain smooth face, and the boys are no different. Making us, the SEA girls looks like... God's by-product. Sob... sob...

Oh, btw, I googled about how good ODBO is, and all I could find is that... it is made only for tourists. That explains about the persuasive multilingual sales person & high price. But it is seems to deliver what it claims.
So... OK lor. C'est la vie.

No comments: