Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Cost of a Reliance

One of the crazy thing about the missed flight is that I could have stopped it.
The day before the flight, we were on walking Paris tour, the weather wasn't particularly friendly that day, the sun was on its super power mode. I probably get dehydrated and got very sick by the end of the day.

SIGN 1
That night, after puking and several pops of medicine, I had a restless night, kept on waking up
forced myself back to sleep, I know I need more stamina for the next day. I also had a DREAM, a dream about MISSING a FLIGHT - in the dream, I missed the flight because I saw my staffs in the airport slacking off, and I took care of the matter thus missing the flight in the dream.
I woke up from the dream but wasn't alarmed at all, I know weird dream can occur when one's body is unwell. Back to sleep.

SIGN 2
When I woke up in the morning, I arranged all my paper and tickets for my domestic flight (straight after Paris and Jakarta, I am going back to Padang)
I still checked all the timing and the Jakarta hotel voucher validity. I notice that our Paris to Jakarta flight is at 1600 hours.
That morning, we went to Gallery Lafayette for shopping, I even make a mental note: The shopping won't be long, the most we gonna spend 2-3 hours if we start early. Cos we need to be in airport around 1200 noon

SIGN 3
At the bus before Gallery Lafayette, the tourleader reminded us to be ontime! That means we need to be at airport before 1600 hrs.
I was puzzled, "At airport at 1600? I thought our flight is at 1600?"
And I didn't make a noise at all. Because none complained about the timing, so I thought maybe I saw the ticket wrongly. How can a tourleader make a mistake?

We left Gallery Lafayette at 1500hrs. Once we arrived at Charles de Gaulle Airport, the tourleader herd us to the tax refund counter. I kinda feel odd, cos we usually get our tax refund money back when we already passing the immigration check. But I still think, maybe they change the sequence again.
I haven't been to CDG for sometime. Other people told me that our flight is at 1900hrs as it was stated at the itinerary.

GUESS WHAT!!!
There was a typo in the itinerary, not only the printed itinerary booklet, but also in the emails and fax, etc. None notice about the typo... 1600hrs to 1900hrs.
We missed our flight, ran here and there checking whatever flights available to get back home. Our group of 17 was separated in 3 groups, flying different airline, different timing. some of us (incld me) also spent another night at the airport hotel

Lucky that I didn't spend a dime on my credit card, I also upgrade my limit for the trip. I helped out buying 7(out of 17) of the international flight and all the hotels fee.
Lucky lucky lucky that I was reluctant to visit Hermes boutique. Hahahaha...

But I do regret the whole thing, with all the signs stated above, I could have stopped the whole thing, if only I am not so reliant, or maybe I should say "The whole mess can be stopped if I were not so IGNORANT"

No comments: