Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Earthquake Warning

Today, my dear friends sent me some information about possibly-next Sumatera (or Padang) Earthquake in different languages. Warning warning warning. I am not panic about it, but I am very curious about the credibility of the prediction. I came up with this particular article. I hope it will never ever happen.

Ulster Expert Warning On Indonesian Earthquake Zone
The earthquake which rocked Padang, western Sumatra in September last year killing more than 1000 people was not the ‘great earthquake’ which earth scientists are waiting for. In fact, it may have made the next massive earthquake more likely.
That is the key conclusion of a paper published today in the journal Nature Geoscience, the authoritative earth sciences research journal and website. Following its publication, Professor John McCloskey of the University of Ulster, who is the lead author of the study and an internationally respected authority on Sumatran earthquakes, has issued the following appeal to the international community. more...

No comments: