Sunday, May 30, 2010

Too Much of You Made Me Sick

I have a bad character of impulse impatience. When I like something, I want it, I want it now and I want as much as I want. I know it is a bad habit, but like other bad habits, it’s been very hard to change.
From many bad habit experiences, I remember one that I consider as my “first” act of impulse impatience:
One day my father bought me a pack of Cheetos – Roasted Corn flavour, I think I was in 4th grade of elementary school. It tastes so nice that I keep thinking of it. The next day, I managed to make my employee to take me to buy the same Cheetos. I forgot how I got the money, but I bought a box of it (20 or 24 pack/box). Once I got back home, I kept eating Cheetos, but guess what! I couldn’t take it after 3rd pack… it’s just too much. I end up giving the rest away.
The fear of roasted corn flavour actually lasts a long time, until I worked in snack industry. Believe it or not, I seriously cannot take any corn flavour anymore, even the smell of it makes me nausea.

So, Ming, you should have learned the lesson!!!
Why did you buy 10kg of PEMPEK in one-go??!!!
So sick of it now…. Too much, Ming…. Too much!!!
*guilty - holding a plate of unfinished pempek *
*sob…sob… sorry*

Note:
Pempek is a kind of fish-cake, a local-specialty of Palembang, South Sumatra.

2 comments:

Hendrik Sumardi said...

wah the same sickness happen to me...
when i was 8 years old, coca cola is my Fav..
drink it all day, until.... my internal organ (heart) is boiling hot..
so i spend 3 weeks in bed..
well , so much for "temporary long term" pleasure, isnt it? hehe
too much of something is not good.. but too much money is good, the love of money is not.. :D

-clarisa- said...

to much love will kill u... (uhmm... apa hubungan nya ya?) ;)