Wednesday, August 3, 2011

When In Rome

Trevi Fountain
The weather was damn hot. So many humans standing on the side of the super famous Trevi Fountain, there was barely a spot without human - at least there are 500++ hanging around there.  The fountain was so huge, so grand; the whole thing is made of marble. The statues and carvings are so alive, very amusing.  The crowd looked like stranded whales – they hardly moved and were happy to expose their skins to the sun; but not me, I tried to cover up to avoid sunburn, trying to get away from the crowd after a few snaps. We only spent a few minutes there; soon our tour leader was herding us to the other spot, Spanish Steps.

Spanish Steps

The Trevi Fountain is one of the must visit spot in Rome, fountain was even showed in the super cheesy movie “When in Rome” – throw a coin, make a love wish, it’ll come true (or throw a coin, to ensure your return to Rome). Hahhahaa. Of course I didn’t throw any coins there. I better spend my coins on yummy gelatos near the fountain, I took 2 cones. Hahaha!!! J Trust me, real Italian gelatos are amazingly yummy – I am such a slave of my own tongue, yearning for delicious tastes.

But the real reasons why I didn’t wanna spend a coin and make a love-wish are: first, I don’t believe that it will work; second, at this moment (at least at that very moment) I wasn’t interested to find any love. I don’t hate my ex-es, I didn’t have any traumas, and last time I checked I am not lesbian… yet. I am just not interested.
Plus, I believe I’ll come back to Rome someday without throwing any coins. 

No comments: