Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Chocolate Alive!

Who would expect worms-invested-chocolate if you get it from Italy? Well, I wouldn’t, I always thought these European countries are so developed that there won’t be such case. Plus it's from a reputable branded chocolate. Anyway, I bought these chocolates from petrol station somewhere in Italy, bought a few packs home.
One day, I munched another piece of chocolate; I get some tiny chocolate sands on its wrapping. And then I saw something moving. Oh, no!!! Wriggly Worms!!! I checked all chocolate in that bag, and they were all infested by the worms. Good nutritional addition, but urgghh, maybe not. They were all went into the bin. Btw, I checked the expire date on the pack, it’s 2 months away (in food tech world, this is still a safe period for quality and health issue)
I never heard any worm in chocolate case before. Try to google it, although I found some entry about it, but it’s very rare. Apparently it’s a moth’s larvae, it feasts on sugar and fat (that’s why they are so plump). Suspected the chocolate is contaminated before wrapped; or maybe some moth laid eggs while it was kept in my kitchen cupboard. Maybe Mom was right, chocolate meant to be kept in the fridge. Sigh… 

1 comment:

ling said...

cita rasa baru ming plus high protein hahaha