Sunday, February 10, 2013

Happy Chinese New Year

CNY is here. Not something that I like, I never really like any festives. Hate them. That one particular day, people are so flooded with expectations... And yet hardly fulfilled.
I mean, say Xmas, you expect to get a bicycle from Santa, but all you get is a sweater.
The wait and preparation makes you imagine the happiness awaiting, but when it didn't come... It feels like climbing a mountain in happy mood, and thrown down when you just reached the peak.

For Chinese new year, I don't expect anything. I just wanna be left alone. I do not wish to be part of the temple god/goddess offering, I refused to drive around the city to visit people for hongbao, I do not wanna be a part of the bad-karma clearing ceremonies (I am done believing those hocus-pocus things. I don't even read fortune-telling articles at all now. No more for me)
I don't pray to beg for "better" things, I think I am doing quite well now and I don't think I got any of those from begging.

My parents kinda want to "welcome" guests at their house. I am against it, cos some guests can be messy, some come in large group, some we have no topics to talk about at all... The main problem is, our new house is not really ready yet, we don't even have furnitures yet. And I also hate to do the dishes. No maids here. I hate to serve people, washing dishes, and mopping after every guest leave. So, no open-house this year. Yea, I am a lazy-bum and an anti-social. I just wanna be alone on this CNY, please let it be just like another public holiday where I can sleep late.

But anyway, this's first CNY for Nara, which is exciting for everyone; he is our centre of universe now. I even prepared a hongbao for Nara :) hhehehe... Love you little baby :)
Happy Chinese New Year, everyone. May this year be a start of something great :)

And this's what little Nara do with his hongbao... He played with it for like constant 15 mins without getting bored, what an achievement :) hahhaha...
umm...what is this? // let me check it out // yumm... not tasty, but  I like it anyway

No comments: