Thursday, July 11, 2013

Silence of the (un)Wise men

"Silence is Golden"
Somehow, we were taught from young age, that silence is golden. 
We are groomed to the idea that say nothing is preferable than speaking.
Esp. in Asian countries, to confront someone is considered a taboo. 
It's rude to comment, to question and esp to oppose someone...
In some circumstances, this might be true...

If you know your friend is being bullied, would you stand for him/her?
If you know your neighbour is hiding a fugitive, would you report it?
If you happened to know a terrorist plan, would you tell police about it?

Many of us, wouldn't.
I have to admit that, once you step in, sometimes it'd be messy. 
You might mean well, but you might end up in the bottom of the well.

But does it mean, that we should shut our eyes, close our ears, sealed our lips?
Remember:
"The world suffers a lot, not because of the violence of bad people, 
but because of the silence of good people"

It's so easy to say:
As long the bully doesn't hurt me, I don't care
As long as the fugitive doesn't come to my place, I don't care
As long as the terrorist doesn't blow up my train station. I don't care... Let them blow airport, I don't take planes

"It's none of my business"
Is it, really?

Here is a cut of legendary comic for thoughts... 


1 comment:

versalino said...

good thinking