Thursday, October 31, 2013

Black Chicks are Here!!!

Mrs.Black started to lay eggs last month, around the same time as Mrs.White.
I don't want more white chicks, so when Mrs. White started to get broody, I swapped her eggs with Mrs. Black's.

Here is the picture on the "Eggs Swapping Day", Mrs. White was a little reluctant when I removed her and did something to her eggs. Hahaha... Look at her expression, that fierce penetrating eyes!!!

Finally she thought "mmm... the eggs are still there, I'll sit on them". 

And she officially a surrogate mother to Black's eggs.

The pic was always in my phone, I just don't wanna jinx it. Haha














Anyway this morning, I was trying to check on Mrs. White, she wasn't very friendly, I got pecked a few times before I retreat. I don't wanna upset her.

And then, when I came back again, I realised there's black thing moving under her. 2 eggs were hatched!!!
Mrs. White did it!!! What a good mother :)

I dunno why these 2 have different feather, but both their bodies are black. I never let the White and Black together, so I can assure there's no way they inter-breed.
I am waiting for more chick to arrive. I hope... I hope, there'll be more...




PS: Now I know although the Mr. and Mrs. Black seems to fight all the time, at least they "did" it :)
#ayam cemani #ayam hitam #ayam indonesia






And what happened to Mrs. Black when I removed her eggs? I swapped them with some golf balls, so she doesn't think the nest suddenly empty. The trick worked. No sign of her getting upset.
Until today, Mrs. Black has laid 20 eggs in total, not stopping yet, more to come :)

No comments: