Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Teddy in a Robe

It started as a kill-time project a few months ago, I made a tiny cell-phone accessories of a monk-teddy-bear. At that time, I happened to have a few tiny teddy from IRN, and I got some scrap fabrics from my tailor-lady, and happened to found a piece of maroon red that perfectly resembles a Burmese monk robe colour.
The project halted, as usual, I created some - got bored - and leaving it behind.
Until I was given a task for fund-raising for the upcoming Kathina. I gave away these tiny teddy-bear as a thank-you tokens. It's was just for fun, spontaneous, out of my own pocket. I gave them away for those that donate through me.
Then friends started to put it on their Blackberry Profile Picture, then it started to spread... and what happened next is way beyond me.
Now, I am sewing day and night to make more teddies, tiring but very happy. It's for a good cause, I hope people like it. But then the focus of Kathina is taking care of our Sangha :) not the teddies. Hahaha.

Thanks for the teddy-hunting team: IRN, BA & HT. - they searched far and near, high and low for the cheapest yet cutest teddy available in the market.
And, Dear, thanks for supporting me in this one. Really appreciate it :) Love you

No comments: