Tuesday, October 14, 2014

More Blacks: Ayam Cemani Teenagers & Babies

teenage ayam cemani
One month old chicks are ugly. They look slightly bald on their back, pointy spiky neck, long awkward legs. They just look odd... Hahaha
But they are so sweet, maybe cos' I handled them since chicks, they are just super friendly. They peck food from my hand. They let me stroke and carry them. Super sweet!
I have 3 teenagers at the moment. This is what a teenage ayam cemani looks like :)


ayam cemani babies :)


And I have more a-week-old chicks, 5 at the moment, hopefully more to come.
They was incubated by surrogate mother-one of the White ladies, again.
Very cute! They look like a charcoal-cotton-balls, if it ever exists.
Here are some of their pics.


The reason why there are only small batch of chicks, ie: 3, 4 or 5 chicks per batch, is because our Mrs.Black laid A LOT in a clutch, and I think it is just impossible for her to warm all her clutch. So I share her eggs to White ladies. Since Whites are ayam kate-smaller breed, I only give 4-6 eggs per brooding hen.

No comments: