Wednesday, November 4, 2015

My Own Wetsuit

I am starting to invest more and more diving stuff. Can you believe that I started with none, not even a mask!
Here is my latest investment, a wetsuit.

Previously I've been borrowing wetsuits. Last time I used a short one, very comfy, but since I like to take more and more pics, I think I need more protection. Short one is really convenient for peeing too. Hahaha

So, I move on to full-body wetsuit, it gives me more protection, but I have one problem, I feel guilty peeing in the wetsuit, I know the water will be trapped in it. So on multiple dives, everytime I need to pee, I need to strip off my wetsuit, and guess what, I get rashes from unknown stings. Oh gosh....

I also have a problem, I find it very troublesome to just fly to Msia to buy a wetsuit, or to drive all the way in Jkt to try one on. So, one day a friend told me about the custom-made wetsuit in Bali, I thought, I might as well go and make one whilst I was there. So here it is, my very own custom-made wetsuit.

I insists on the lime colour - I want me to be visible underwater (just in case I went missing), I wasn't really sure about the darkgreen. Maybe not a very 'cool' colour combination. I also put my name on the sleeve, cool, huh!

I lost some weight for the last Bali event, I guess it wasn't a very wise decision to make a custom-made wetsuit when I was in the skinniest stage. I struggled badly on my few first attempts into it. My goodness!!!! I know I gained a few kg, but it can't be that bad, right?

Anyway, after 3-4 uses, I can finally zip it up without feel suffocated. I read on the net that new wetsuit tends to give the 'tight' feeling. But it is what it supposed to do, to stick on your skin, preventing water to come in and out. Or I guess I need to sweat more at the gym. Oh, no!!!

No comments: