Monday, December 14, 2015

My cooking: Cashew Nuts & Banana Chips


  SAVOURY COATED CASHEW NUTS

I made 2 version of these, left one is simple savoury with some spices, while the right one I add a little chili.

Room for improvement:
I could add more chili and spices, maybe double coat it too to give more kick.






 SUGAR COATED CASHEW NUTS

I made some mistake here, I didn't dissolve the sugar properly before adding up the nuts. And what happened next is... the sugar didn't stick properly, leaving chunks of sugar.
I took out the nuts and re-dissolve the sugar again, then reintroduce the nuts. Now it sticks, but some sugar crystals remains. It is OK, it actually give a unique texture and look to it.

Room for improvement:
Dissolve well before adding nuts. Maybe next time I will try to caramelise the sugar for better colour and flavour.







CHILI-PASTE BANANA CHIPS

We have so many banana chips over the last few weeks. I love it plain, but I get bored of it, so I tried to make a banana version of Padang's Keripik Balado.
I prepared from scratch, starting with making chili paste from fresh chilies. Can you believe it? Hehhehe....  After a few trials, I think I finally get an OK result :)  It is so spicy yet yummy

Room for improvement:
Reduce the chili percentage, the last time I made... it is a bit too spicy, but it is so addictive. Hum...






CHOCO BANANA CHIPS

I made this for Nara's snack. He loves it. He even help with the cooking part :)
This one is easy, I just melt a compound chocolate and dip the chips and dry it on a rack. It kinda test his patience before devouring the chips. Hahhaa

No comments: