Monday, July 13, 2009

Eat My Tofu

Went to supermarket today. The plan was to get some fruits, but then I saw they are preparing fresh soya milk, yummy. Then I was thinking about making my own tofu. Never done it before, but I saw some chef doing it on tv.

So, the ingredients for my "first" tofu recipe are: soya milk, eggs, and a bit of salt. Then i lightly beat the eggs, then slowly mixing soya milk into it, then add abit of salt. Next, for steaming, I wrapped it in cling-wrap, just to avoid steam water to drip on the tofu. Then steamed for about 10-15 mins. The result was ... it became a tofu, the texture is silky, good, but the shape was abit off. I was steaming it in a bowl, I had some difficulties to flip it out.
How does it taste like? I bet my Porkchop is laughing out loud "It's so so you". Like usual, it's my mistake, very careless, I didn't check the soya milk, it was lightly-sweetened soya milk, I should have bought a plain one. So the taste is abit weird. Hahaha, but I promised to make a proper one next time.

No comments: