Sunday, July 12, 2009

- Silence -

"You are awfully silent now. What happened to you?"
"I am not quiet"
"Yes, you are. You used to be chatty. You seem very careful now. You have learned this silence in a hard way, haven't you?"
"What? I am not silent"
"Your silence is your self-defence. What happened to you?"


Since I had no intention to stretch the conversation further, I simply gave a short denial and quickly changed the topic.
But inside my mind, I keep wondering. Is it true?
This conversation really made me go silent. I was surprised, no, more like shocked.
What made you said so, dear friend? Why? Coming from someone who I haven’t see and talk for years, this is the least I expect to hear.

I remembered that my friends used to call me "bubbly girl" since I was always very talkative and happy.
Maybe, it is true; I have changed. The comment really gave me a big slap on my face. A confirmation. Maybe I have become more quiet and seems sad (or maybe I should say "tense and cautious") or maybe I simply have grown up?
So, what is the answer to your question? It doesn't really matter. What’s the point anyway?

Btw, dear friend, we might not always agree on many things. Until today, we still don’t. But, I really appreciate this honest comment. Despite our occasional contact, seems like you maybe one of the few people who know me very well.
Thank you.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

as time goes by, people grow up and mature.... you've (eventually) outgrown yourself...

miss you 'Sis...