Saturday, July 11, 2009

When I am Old

When I am old, no longer what I used to be
Understand me, be patient to me

When I spilled food on my shirt
When I couldn’t wear my own shoes
Remember the time when I patiently teach you to do things

When I absent-mindedly repeating the same sentence that bore you
Listen to me patiently, don’t cut off my sentence
In your early days, I need to repeat the same story again and again until you fallen asleep

When I need you to bathe me
Please don’t blame me
Remember your early days, how I constantly find ways to lure you for your baths

When I am confused by the new and modern things
Don’t laugh at me
Remember the time when I patiently answer all your “why” questions

When two of my legs no longer able to walk
Lend me your young and strong hands to hold and support me
Just like the time I hold your hands for your first steps

When I quickly forgot our conversation
Give me some time to recall it
Actually, the topic is not important to me, as long as you are there to listen to me. I am content

Don’t be remorse to see me age
Understand me, accept me, and support me
Like how I patiently show you about life

No comments: