Thursday, July 15, 2010

bite the hand that feeds

One day I saw a mole-insect crawling on my office’s floor. Feared that it will be squashed by people passed by, I carry it up to release it. It was a huge one, as long as my index finger. Of course, it struggled inside my hand for about 10 seconds before I finally put it on ground. Then I found out that its strong  spiky arms have scratched and cut my fingers.
Not so long after that, my mom reported to me that my employee kicked the poor insect after it released it. Mom said she tried to explain to my staff that I was meant to save the insect not to kill.
But then he answers “If you save it, you’ll end up getting hurt. Look at Ming’s hand, it bleed
I guess what he said was correct to some extend. But I'd use the logic on human, not on animals.
Human tend to take kindness for granted, and even on not-so-rare cases, human also "bite the hand that feeds them"

No comments: