Thursday, July 22, 2010

Reunion Time vs. Show-Off Time

Good memories .. Bad memories.. i think old times are not the time that suit me the most. Well mostly, bad memories come in mind.
I never consider my High School time to be my sweet memory-time. Not only I was never the pretty cheerleader girl nor the favourite girl in High School, I also suffered from endless mocking in those torturing years. I was kinda the weird geeky one. I will write more about my High School time on other entry.

Life was easier for me after that, I can be who I really am at Uni, I travel without anyone calling me names when I came back, doing things that i like the most.
Peace.. peace..
And suddenly ...
A few days ago, a message sent to my Facebook Inbox, the message is  started for 30 ppl  or so... I really have no clue who started the idea of my (nightmare) High School reunion, but I was trapped into a non-stop thread of 30 people replying-reply to each other. It's officially spamming. Plus the fact that my FB is connected to my BB, the 24-hour alert is driving me crazy.

The combination of FB and reunion is a nightmare, this social networking things really convenient in bringing people “closer” than I expected, private lives exposed and of course, it is a perfect media for showing things off.

In those days, I hardly known my peers in High School (thanks to the mocking, I lost most of my confidence there) But now within a few days since the reunion thread started, I get heaps of friend requests from which people whom I hardly recall, couldn’t recognize, let alone name.
Out of courtesy, I accepted the requests only to find that I’ve done a bigger mistake, now I am drowning myself in a pool of:
-          people are posting their wedding or honeymoon pictures. Posing, kissing and snuggling. Please be more considerate to singletons like me.
-          People who show off what meal they are taking. I don’t care what go down your throat every single hour. So what  if you are taking meals at fancy restaurant 5x a day? Does it supposed to make you look like a royalty?
-          People who show off pictures of their newly purchased LV bag right in front of the store. Oh please, you only own 1 LV bag, taking 20 pics of it won’t multiply the bag.
-          People sending love messages to their lovers’ FB status. What’s wrong with private space now? Do you need to announce how much you miss your hunny-bunny-sugar-pops in social network to prove your love?
-          People show off by secretly announcing their “advanced” lives. “I prefer to stay in Australia , I just can't stand traffic jams in Indonesia"
- or people purposely show off their latest whereabouts in innocent lines “I don’t really want to go, but my lovely hubby force me go to SGS – Singapore Great Sale”, and within 5 mins another status update: “I am at Priemere Lounge Jakarta, taking SQ to Singapore“

And stupid me, I should have just shut this BB off and end it all …

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

LoL! sorry for laughing, Ming2.. u sound miserable.. still equipped with the sarcastic humor, though..!

hang in there, girl..! :)

Anonymous said...

"masa masa paling indah... masa masa di sekolah, kisah kasih paling indah... kisah kasih sekolah..." kaya'e ini ga berlaku buat u ya? :p hohohohohoho *peace* ming ^^

ming said...

kok anonymous sih? siapa nihhhh....

Anonymous said...

atau... "kisah kasih di sekolah, dengan si dia, berakhir tragis" jadi nya u ga suka dengan masa di sekolah hohohoho *peace* ^^