Saturday, January 26, 2013

Conned

Being conned is sucks, it leaves you with torn wallet and a big black hole on your ego.
How could I be so stupid?
The first time I go abroad to study, I was living at a dorm with multinational kids. They were friendly.
One day, a HK friend asked if I can help him, he got himself screwed by spending his money and his dad wanted him to send the bank statement back; meaning he need to get his bank account balance right. So he was short of money and asked me if I can help him. Being a nice friend, I did. and not long after that, he fled. never to be seen again. I was shocked. I was being nice and I simply get conned.
My parents didn't scold me, they just said "the money lost is for your lesson, hope you learned"

Recently, I decided to get a new car, I called up the sales girl and got a quote. I trusted her, I just bought a car from her 2 months ago, she sure knows what I have the capability to purchase more from her, hence she would give me the best deal.
I really trusted her until we had some discussion about some little details, like... what colour of accessories would I like? So trivial that I even asked my drivers to handle it. But then, I found out that she quoted me a f*cking crazy price!!!
Though abit too late, double checked the price and yes, she bluffed me, so I would buy the accessories from 3rd party now, not from her.
I asked her nicely for better price for the actual car, and she turned her back and asked me to talk to her boss. What choice do I have? I called up her boss, and the boss, of course not in good mood (assumed from his voice), but at least he gave me a better deal.
So all is good, right? NO, the sales girl got upset and defended herself saying "that's not fair, I need to talk to my boss"
WTF, making me pay extra USD2000 is definitely not fair!!! Really wanna snap on her. But ehm.... I was as calm as clam. Hahahhaa
I pretended that I dunno what she talked about, why do I have to pay extra for nothing?!
Though at the end I do get a good deal, it actually hurts that someone actually try to cheat you while you trust them

We (or maybe just me) tend to lean to others (ie: experts) for things that I am not familiar with; say like renovating a house, fixing a car, or even having a medical opinion.
My gosh, those so called experts sometimes are really experts... in blood sucking.
Little that we know that we might be bluffed. We are so reliant on them that we hardly get 2nd opinion.
and when we finally did, we realised someone been strangling our neck  and draining our wallet for so long without us to realise

The irony is that, I think I am smart enough to feel, sense, and know that I am being cheated; but the problem is that I was actually being cheated before coming to the realisation.
Not particularly amazing thing, but I consider myself lucky and smart (enough) to at least  know what I got myself into. I do know people that are conned but still thinking they are getting the best deal in the universe.

In this case, I dunno who is luckier, me or them:
I have to get through great deal of remorse to swallow the bitter fact that I've been conned and learn the damned lesson; While those suckers who never realised being conned are actually still brimming with smiles with an invisible victory wreaths on their head.

Special thanks to my guardian angel for the protections and wisdoms.
You have opened my eyes, though it's not a pretty scene that I see now, but I know the big picture will be wonderful. Thank you.

No comments: