Sunday, January 20, 2013

Where Ghost Stories Come From?


I haven't had my proper office at our new showroom yet, so I am still sharing a room with some of my staffs.
I easily overheard what they chit-chat during work.
Girl 1: Did you guys know that, "ABC" (our male staff) was locked in the toilet, twice? 
Boy 1: Really? How?
Girl 1: He just couldn't open the door, it was just locked. There's no one outside, it's just locked.
(ABC is a clumsy boy, he usually become a target of other boys' pranks)
Me: Someone is playing prank on him...
Girl 1: No... Really, there's something/someone that locked him. When he managed to get out, but no one is outside there (talked in mystery tone)
Boy 1: Did you guys smell jasmine? The smell is getting stronger here... seems like something is not right!
Girl 2: OMG, I thought it's just me! So something is really locking ABC!!!
Me: Sigh... I have a box of jasmine here, I just brought it down, gonna deliver it to temple later. I need to finish some work first.
Girl 2: No...!!! Not that, you put in box, the smell couldn't come out (spoke in mysterious way)
Me: Gee!!! I opened up the box to prevent the flower to sweat inside the box.

Gosh... luckily I am not stupid enough to lose my senses. These kids are just creating stories, and yet still manage to wet their own pants.
Many of ghost stories coming for mere imagination added with fear spices. The more they spread, the more fear-spices added into the stories.
And it got far... faraway from the real thing.
Btw, I never heard ABC complained about getting lock. and he looks totally fine to me.
I just couldn't let them create silly stories for my new premises.

Talking about ghost stories, it's funny that those who spread them are loud people, and usually comes with a brain that doesn't process much.
Last time when I was in Europe with our tour group, the bored tour leader was trying to kill sometime before we were dropped at hotel (I think he tried to buy some time, the hotel rooms were not ready for us yet)
So, he took us to drive around to see some buildings and castles. And he said "On the LEFT side is hundreds years old castle, which is now used as a hotel... bla bla bla...; and we kept on driving, and on the way back, we saw the same castle again, and the tour leader jokingly said "Ahh... magically, the castle is now on your RIGHT side"
No one really laughed at his jokes...

But the next day, a lady (Lady 1) was loudly saying "How come Western people have ghosts too? Lucky we didn't stay at that hotel, though it looks luxurious" 
Lady 2: Ghosts? What ghosts?
Lady 1: You were sleeping yesterday in the bus, didn't you? Don't you know that there's a castle full of ghosts?"
Lady 2: Castle? Ghosts?
Lady 1: Yesterday we passed a castle which is now a hotel, the tour leader said, your bed can moved from left to right when you were sleeping. You'll wake up on the other side of the room. The ghost moved your bed. I don't think there are any guests in that spooky hotel!!!
Lady 2: The left and right thing... The tour leader just made a lame joke about the castle was on our left, and we made a U-turn, and it was on our right. Nothing spooky. When did you heard about the bed moving stuff?
Lady 1:  (laughing sheepishly) Well, .... I thought he talked about ghost

WTF!!! See what I mean? These are just little example of people who loves gossips could exaggerate stories into irresponsible ones. These people should be banned from talking.
Lucky I wasn't fool enough to believe and get scared.

No comments: