Thursday, August 15, 2013

Big Balloon - Failed

the giant balloon of the "Gateway of India" - Bombay
Look how cool this giant balloon is.
All I think about when I saw it that it'd be so cool for Nara's 1st Bday.
I imagined to tied up those giant balloons on his waist and it'd look like Disney Pixar's UP.
So, I bought a pack of ten (and WAS regretting not buying more of them. Not anymore now)
the length of the tile is 60cm
On Nara's Bday, I really brought up the balloon. And to my big disappointment, it never turn out to be what I expected. I wanted to be as big as the vendor's!!! 
I guess I've been fooled.
Should have asked the vendor "Are these balloons gonna turn out to be as big as what you have now???"

I also googled about this Bombay Balloon, see if anyone succeed... Not much luck. 
But I found a lady wrote something about Big Balloons of Bombay here.
Who buys them ?  ---  me?
How much do they pay? --- around 50 rupee if I'm not mistaken
What do they do with them? --- Blow it?
How long do they take to blow up? --- not long, see this youtube clip. I tried using my mouth too, it tooked 5 mins, I guess
Why? --- cos giant balloon is cool

3 comments:

amasc aka Anne said...

Sorry you ended up with the smaller balloons. I've learned from that the Bombay balloon vendors often let you believe that you are buying the giant ones. What a fantastic balloon pump you showed in the video.

amasc aka Anne said...

... tsk! "learned from friends" I should have said.

ming said...

my friend hired a balloon guy to get floaty balloons. cool one, altho a bit smelly