Sunday, March 20, 2016

Grilled Chicken with Bumps

Early Feb, it was my first time visiting Lombok. Stayed at Gili Trawangan for 1 night.
Since I don't have anyone to dive with me, plus I haven't have the confidence to dive alone (thought it is not possible... ehhehe), I chose snorkeling with my mates.
I haven't snorkled for quite sometime, so I forgot how snorkeling works....
I mean, I look at the tourist jumping into the water, so I did too.
What I am forgetting was, SUNBLOCK. I put some, on face and arms, for I forgot about my back. Not really forget.... but I didn't realise it will be burned in short period. I asked a friend to sprayed some... SOME!!!  I shouldn't have relied on someone else about my wellbeing. And for such large area (like my back), I think it need to be smudged evenly, rather than relying on the spray to cover my whole back. Look at my back, with blotches and streaks, looks like I got tinea fungus on my skin :(

So, after the end of the day, I feel so burned and hurt, my back was like a boiled lobster. And after a few days, I look like a grilled chicken.
Lesson learned!
- Never rely on someone else to apply sunblock for you
- Snorkeling is not diving, you will easily burned
- Wear a rashguard
- Get a gut to dive alone (I mean hire a dive guide)

And to add up more misery, the hotel where I was staying at Gili Trawangan, despite the 5-star rate, they have bloody bed bugs. I didn't realise it at first, thought it is just mosquitos bites. Though, I wonder why they bite in lines and inside my pajamas. I wore a long-sleeve pajamas.
After I left, then I realised, it was bed-bugs. Bloody h*ll. Making me look so beaten up for the rest of the trip >.<

I will be back, to dive Lombok and Bali!

No comments: