Thursday, December 8, 2011

Series of Fortunate Events


On 2 of Dec, one of my customer's parents passed away at nearby town.
Since my parents weren't around; being polite, I attended the funeral myself (+ my manager ofcz)
We tried to fit in all schedule in: visiting other customers at that town.
But series of fortunate events showed up:

  • I managed to meet up with my dear friend
  • She took me to visit their vihara, 1st time ever to visit this place :)
  • She also showed me which place to have nice Nasi Kapau

things are getting better!!!

  • Ling recieved a sudden call: Bhante Jinadhammo Mahathera is approaching (I wasn't sure that I could catch him, but "luckily", my staff still stuck with his customer, leaving me just enough time to meet Bhante)
  • I managed to meet Bhante, and invited Him to stopover at Padang the next day (all happened in 10 mins, then I had to leave)
  • Arrived at Padang just in time to take care office stuff. Fuih... lucky 

At night, I recieved a call from other Bukittinggi friend, saying Bhante changed His mind about visiting Padang, due to landslide on alternate road. Well, I didn't put much hope that He'll come... so be it

But right in the morning, I got a call, Bhante is on the way to Padang!!! OMG!!!
I rushed my staff to harvest some fruits and veggie for His lunch.

  • And there He is, in Padang :)
  • I had a chance to prepare his lunch.
  • I felt more honoured when He decided to stay overnight at our vihara. HUA!!! 
  • He also asked me to prepare His breakfast next day (I woke up at 4 to prepare it :)
  • During His short stay in Padang, He visited a few laymen's residences. He didn't do any blessing on my premises, but I guess it's not important :)

I am very grateful that He accepted my invitation; very grateful of all the opportunities that I had to serve, to accompany and to discuss with Him.

Things can't be more perfect :) This's really a series of fortunate events.

I forgot to add up, Porkie just had a near-fatal-incident. Porkie is fine, but I'm glad that Porkie didn't even get a scratch :)   Lucky you, Porkie...

1 comment:

ling said...

g turut bemudita Ming!