Friday, December 30, 2011

Xmas treats - failed

A friend threw a X'mas party at their house on this year Xmas. It wasn't a potluck dinner, but I just wanna whip something from my kitchen. Been staring at cooking website for days before the event. Bought SO-MANY ingredients - sigh, I know this's my "bad" habit; was planning so many cute sweet holiday treats...(such as meringue, berries in chocolate, etc) but...

The 1st disaster was the mixer didn't work (it was a gift, brand new, but it's a lousy one)
Then the oven's knob simply broken, so I couldn't make a guess of the temperature - couldn't adjust it. Haha.
I even couldn't melt chocolate properly, it just turn lumpy and sandy. Tell me why??!!!
Whole day of kitchen disaster.

I didn't give up, I went to my maid's house and made a mess there... She has a decent mixer and an oven, which works. This's so lousy, why me as the boss don't have anything that works properly? Hahaha

Anyway, the only "successful" things was this "Cupcake with Strawberry buttercream, topped with Strawberries or Mulberries"
My in-law insisted to bring it for the party, I didn't make much, so it's only natural that it's all gone. I wouldn't say it was a hit. It's obviously not. 

The only part that I am proud of is the mulberries, it's our garden's produce. Harvested the day before X'mas.  
Look how pretty they are - just like a blunder of black caviar :)


No comments: