Friday, December 2, 2011

Yummy Nasi Kapau

Had "Nasi Kapau" for lunch today at Uni Er's stall. Guess she's quite famous, since her stall is the most crowded one compares to others at the same venue - Los Lambuang, Pasar Lereng, Bukittinggi.
Btw, this place was recommended by Ling, a local Bukittinggi-er; well, if the locals are crazy about it, it must be really nice, right?
I am not a connoisseur, so I can't really tell how and why her cooking sells better than her competitors. But overall, I had a good and satisfying lunch.
I heart for the sweet-potato bits in her chicken rendang.

Here is some of the picture:
1. Here she is, Uni Er (= sister Er), the owner of the stall
2. Bowls of gulai Kapau. Uni Er will scoop your orders using her long wooden spoon
3. Ikan Raya Batalua (Fish with roes cooked in Kapau style) I wanted to have it, but I didnt. Next time I will.
4. Tambunsu (Intestine stuffed with eggs and tofu). I know it looks scary, but it wasn't as sinful as it looks. The intestine was just like a sausage casing - some people removed it before eating the stuffing.
5. Gulai Kapau, this's what differentiate gulai Kapau from other Padang cookings. Mixture of local cabbage, snakebeans, young jackfruits, bamboo shoots, etc in light coconut curry. Yum!
6. This's my plate. This's how Uni Er served it.  Simply Delicious.

Note: There are more dishes than what I showed here. Check this site out for more info.

No comments: