Monday, October 22, 2012

山重重水重重

Main entrance of FGS Buddha Memorial Centre
Have you heard of Fo Guang Shan? It's a big Buddhist organization in Taiwan, they have branches everywhere around the world. On my last visit to Taiwan, we went to Kaoshiung to visit FGS's Buddha Memorial Centre.
It's enormous!Looks like a palace rather than a religious site (@_@;)
Ow, they also have statues of respectable Arhats, my fave is Rahula's statue. He was pictured to have 2 dimples on his cheek. Cute. (top right on the pic below)
Arhat statues + their brief descriptions 
Anyway, there's a room inside the Buddha Memorial Center, where you will be asked to pick a little ball from a bucket of balls. (I wasn't allowed to take pic here)
OK, since I didn't really listen to what the volunteer said, I just followed what my friends did.
So, we all kneel down, prayed, bowed, and picked a ball.
Inside the ball there is a paper with a poem inside! I was so surprised that it's a new kind of Tiu-Ciam! ~(>_<~)

One volunteer then ushered me to a nun, to explain what is written on that paper.
     Nun:What's your problem?
     Me: Huh? What problem?
     Nun: When you pick the ball? What problem did you ask?
     Me (turning to my friend): I didn't ask anything, I just pick a ball... for fun
     Friend: (looking at the nun) She asked about her future

Basically the nun said that my life involved with a lot of roads and sea, many many path to go. And through my journeys I will find my real heart (真心) then, I will settle down.

I have no words against it. She's right, I think I travel quite a bit in my life. As for my real heart, I assume the nun talked about Dharma. She can't be talking about my future spouse, right? It would be very odd to discuss about spouse and marriages to nun (or monk).

Anyway, I think the reading doesn't mean anything in particular, bad or good. I think it depends on how you see and interpret it.
There were like 6 people (apart from the nun) try to interpret my paper. Some said it's a bad omen: many paths means many problems and obstacles. WTF!!! Or some said you have to find a spouse to stop all the wandering  (✖╭╮✖)
What's wrong about lots travelling and being single?
Am I the only person in the world that think I am a lucky person??? I know I am.
Well...As long as I am happy with myself, that's good enough, isn't it?
------------

My paper reads: 山重重又水重重。透出重重重见功。重重妙义重重意。不管东南西北风。
Google translate it as: Numerous mountain numerous water. Revealed a numerous to see result. Numerous wonderful righteousness numerous meaning. Regardless of the wind of East South West North.

No comments: