Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Monks and Nuns were in the House

On my last visit to St.Peter Basilica in the Vatican City, GUESS whom I met?
A very interesting and comforting sightings: a bunch of Buddhist monks and nuns in dark-brown robes was visiting one of  the most important and holiest site in Catholic world.
For me, it is a odd thing to see how the Buddhist Sangha to visit a Catholic Papal Palace. Not that I doubt their tolerance, or me being fanatic. But, even some Christian refused to visit the Basilica, despite having the same belief in Jesus.

Look at these monks and nuns :) they are so open minded to visit Papal Palace.
They are welcomed by the Catholics too.
Without any suspicions, the world might have a brighter future.

Btw, I made a little conversation with them. By their robe, I can tell that they are Thinch Nath Hanh’s disciples from Plum Village Monasteries (France). My guess was correct, they were from Plum Village; and they were  in Rome and  Italy for a retreat and had a lazy day so they went to visit interesting places in Rome, and here they were, visiting Vatican City.

Btw, I took some pics of them, poor quality. It was kinda dark in the Basilica (I refrained myself from using flash inside the basilica, don't want to disturb those who were attending the mass). And I was too shy to asked for picture with them. (I did actually, but the result was super dark… hiks) These pictures above were taken by a friend with his DSLR camera.

No comments: