Thursday, September 27, 2012

Tail-less Pui

WARNING:
The following writing contains pictures that some may find to be disturbing. Reader Discretion is Advised.

A couple of days ago, I saw A-Pui hiding under a car. Usually when I call his name, he’ll greet me with wagging tail, but this time, he just looked at me, curling his body without getting up. I saw a wound on his butt, it was dark, I couldn’t really tell how severe the wound is.

The next day, I asked my staff about A-Pui, he said maybe someone run over the dog’s tail. My brother asked me to get a vet to give him a check. Just in case it was serious.

dead tail hanging
So, I called up a vet to visit us, but I also send the vet a picture of A-Pui. My neighbor (the owner) dragged A-Pui out for me to take its picture, and it was shocking. His tail was hanging lifeless. It was severe. The vet agreed that the case was serious, and a visit to the clinic is a must.

tailed chopped :(
So, today, I went to office much earlier so I can send A-Pui to the clinic. But, my neighbor once again tried to manage it himself. Last night, he shopped off A-Pui’s tail completely. He said, so it will heal faster. It was still dripping with blood. He kept licking the wound and the blood drops. What a poor dog. He must be in pain.

When we were there, the vets at the clinic were shocked to see his condition. Who won’t? A-Pui was marking the clinic waiting-room with blood drips. Gosh!!! The vet told me that his flesh was already rotten. It needs to be clean out. He could simply die from infection.  About the tail bone, he’ll try to “manage” it. Well… if you see the picture, you’ll understand why the vet put an emphasis on the poor tail bone. Surgery, it is. A-Pui needs a surgery. So I left him in the hand of professionals. The surgery took more than 1 hour. I think it was intense!!!

Around noon, the vet called me up to inform that the surgery was successful, but A-Pui is not fit to leave yet. Not until this afternoon. But I still went to visit A-Pui to see how he is doing. He is got an IV-drip hanging on his leg. He looks completely blur, I don’t even think he recognize me at all. But the vet said he is still on high cause of the anesthetic. The vet said his tail bone is completely damaged, which effect his anus, thus effecting the defecation process. But that’s the best that he can do.
after surgery
His owner picked him up later in afternoon. The vet wanted to have a word with him regarding how to take care of A-Pui post-surgery. The vet also gave A-Pui a collar, so he doesn't lick his wound. It's a DIY one. Looks quite good.
bad mood. he doesn't like the collar :(
Get well soon, Pui
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The vet happened to know my number, but we never met each other before. He handled Tata before, but I was away, that’s why I dunno what he looks like. I salute those vets, they work so hard though people here don’t appreciate much. People here see dogs as dogs, not a human friend, yet.

I guess, the vet either thinks I am a saint that always cares for dogs welfare, or a crazy woman that always abuse dogs. Those dogs were always in bad condition when I consult him. >.<~~~

1 comment:

Kimberly*Schaus said...

WHAT THE HELL?? I was just meandering through blogger and came upon your post... I appreciate the warning that it was disturbing. and also appreciate that you helped out this poor puppy. but who thought it was a good idea just to chop his tail off? it makes me so sad and feel so powerless to help.