Tuesday, September 18, 2012

The Most Expensive Toilet Fee

I find this experience is amusing. I need to share it.
On my last trip, we visited Venice. We took a ride on gondola, exploring the canals of Venice. Nice experience. We only have a couple of hour for free time, so I went to see things around St.Mark’s Square; which kinda boring, cos I don’t shop. Not interested in buying anything at all. So I just walk round and round the piazza, until I bumped into my travelmates, who were exhausted from their shop-and-hunt activites, so we decided have sit in one of the piazza’s café.

The café was beautiful, full-music (they provide a mini orchestra!) and it has an elegant atmosphere. So, four of us sat and took some orders: an espresso, a pizza, a chocolate ice-cream, and a amarena-cherry ice-cream for me. Btw, it was the guy who ordered espresso that insisted us to visit the café, the real reason behind it not ‘cos he was thirsty or anything, he just wanted to use the café’s TOILET.

me being narsistic at the cafe. and that's the super yummy amarena cherry ice-cream
So, there he went to the toilet, and he came back with frowning face, saying “NO WATER”. Then the orders came, he again, started to complained about the espresso. Not about the taste, he complained about the size (which is around 30ml, I guess) and the price. The espresso cost 6.5euro. Plus the orchestra surcharge is 6 euro per person – Yes! We need to pay extra for those fine music! Total 12.5 for his part. Btw, the pizza and ice creams were amazing. So tasty. Worth every cent of it. :D

Yet he was so nice to pay for us, which total 78 euro. I guess he feels responsible to pay cos he was the one that insisted about going to the café. He grumbled as we left the café, saying “kopi tadi, diminum engga jadi daging, tapi jadi pikiran” – roughly translated as “the espresso that I took, won’t transform into flesh in my body, but it’ll become a moan in my mind”.

 I laughed and asked “Why?” Then he admitted that he went to the café just for taking a poo, when he said there’s no water, doesn’t mean the flush didn’t work; it’s just that he need to clean his butt with water, not with tissue paper (just like most of other Indonesian). So, I innocently suggested him to take a MINERAL WATER BOTTLE into the toilet (I’ve seen many aunties bring a bottle of water, please use your imagination on how they clean their butt). And he answered, “Well, I don’t have any”. And I once again, innocently took a water bottle from my bag and offered it to him. Of course, he was irritated; we have left the premises! Hahahhaa.

I was laughing so hard when I found out what he really meant by “NO WATER”. And for him to spend 78 euro just for taking a poo – and yet FAILED, was hilarious. It ALMOST became the most expensive toilet-fee he ever had. Hahahaha.

No comments: